FISHBUOYTM is an integrated online and app software solution designed to alert and help fishermen determine the optimal times and locations to fish - for a specific species of freshwater sports fish. FISHBUOY mathematically analyzes real-time and historical water and weather data and compares physical and species-specific biological preferences to calculate the probabilities of a stream, river, lake or reservoir meeting the ideal fishing conditions for any given species of fish. We call this the Fishing Success Index* (FSI).
FISHBUOY Helps Fishermen Makes Sense of Key Data.
- Geographic presence, or absence, of fish species in body of water (native, stocked, invasive)
- Feeding habits (time of day, time of year, presence of new food sources, seasonal hatches, seasonal spawning runs, etc).
- Physical conditions (water temperature, dissolved oxygen, turbidity, velocity, conductivity, salinity, weather, ice, depth).
- Seasonal Influences (moon phase, hours in a day, ambient temperatures, etc).
- Baits (type, style, size, color, smell, action).
- Presentation (fly, trolling, casting, still, etc.).
|Real-Time Water Data||Real-Time Weather Data||Fish Species Biology||Fish Geography|
|Water temperature||Precipitation amounts||Spawning times||Known "Hot Spots"|
|Water turbidity*||Ambient air temperature||Pre-Post spawning behavior weighting||Fish stocking locations|
|Water velocity*||Moon phase||Preferrential habitat temperatures||Geomorphology|
|Water discharge||Wind direction/speed||Food sources/availability|
|Water level||Atmospheric pressure||Species feeding behaviour|
|* Availability dependent on source|