Join the FISHBUOY Team!
Help us change the way anglers fish through innovative software technology.
App Developer - Contract
FISHBUOY™ is a Canadian-based, progressive software technology company focused on developing innovative, easy-to-use and reliable fishing apps that help anglers improve their odds on the water. If you have a passion for fishing and skilled in app development, we may have a tremendous opportunity for you.
We are currently looking for an experienced app developer to build our next generation of feature-rich products for both iOS and Android native platforms. This is a contract position with the opportunity to turn into a full-time role.
Job Requirements :
A developer with both iOS and Android experience developing applications for mobile devices powered by Apple’s iOS and Google's Android operating systems. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Objective-C and Android SDK and also have a strong background in API and script integration with MySQL and online CMS's such as Joomla.
Your primary focus will be updating our existing iOS application to current features found in the Android version, while also ensuring smooth and quality integration with back-end services.
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform
- Build new features within Android
- Create a new analytics dashboard in both iOS and Android apps
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Proficient with Objective-C
- Experience with iOS frameworks or Android frameworks
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Familiarity with continuous integration